Outrage: Illegal Immigration rally held on 'closed' National Mall in Washington D.C.
English should be the official common language of the United States of America
We are a nation of immigrants. We are proud of our nation's great history as a melting pot of people from all over the world who came to seek a better life for themselves and their children. A key part of that new life included learning English. Sadly, that pride in adopting "American ways" has faded in recent years. Now, immigrants demand bilingual public school education rather than English immersion classes for their children, government forms in multiple languages and even bilingual ballots.
How is it that people can become citizens of the United States and not be able to read English?
Americans for One Language is supports English as our common language. The time has come to advance the very basic and simple idea that English unites us as a country. We hope you join us as we fight for this goal!
- Boehner puts brakes on immigration reform; Issue may linger past midterm elections
- City Invests $18 Mil to Help Illegal Aliens Get Jobs
- For immigration reform, 'English' amendment is so last decade
- Rubio to offer immigration bill amendment to strengthen English requirements
- Number of languages stymies agencies in Morgan County: Lack of English handicap in many ways